My Testimony of This
(with bible scriptures)
There are temptations, tests, trials, and sacrifices you are going to experience in your life journey with God and as a Follower Of Jesus Christ. Below are some of the most critical temptations, tests, trials, and sacrifices I had to make; with Temptation, Test, Trials, and Sacrifices Holy Bible scriptures. Since the day I decided to live by God’s Way of Life and giving my entire life to God per Jesus Christ, what’s written in the Holy Bible keeps unfolding in my life automatically-naturally-spiritually.
1) I gave up earning $1,000 a week salary (after taxes) in truck driving to earning $500 A MONTH salary as an apprentice in training with God to Follow Jesus Christ.
2) God took everything away from me except a few basic necessities which I kept in a storage unit (including my pet rabbit)…this was all part of my Life Training with God to prepare me for my God-given role in life and is part of the “transformation” process.
I was homeless and sleeping in the woods while going to college for Graphic Arts. The woods I slept in was around the corner to my storage unit, one-block away. The wooded area was thin (not many trees), and in the winter time with no leaves on the trees made things worse to ‘not be seen’ as it was off the side of a major street and sidewalk. I’d always check the weather on my cell phone, and surprisingly, the first snowfall was coming early. I went to the sports store to buy a zero-degree sleeping bag and a triangle one-man tent. The coldest nights got down to 3-degrees F! In order for my sleeping bag to keep me warm through the coldest nights, I had to get “warmed-up” first by walking briskly around the block; if I went to bed cold I remained cold through-out the entire night, I had to get my body temperature up before climbing into my sleeping bag to stay warm all night long. I had to stand on the sidewalk or walk slowly on the side walk, to wait for a break in rush traffic to “make a run for it” into the woods so nobody saw me. This is how my day went: In the morning, I’d get to the storage unit at 6am opening hour; I’d eat my ice-cooler breakfast (yogurt) while letting my pet rabbit out to run around in the hall way and in the drive way spending some time with her. (Alfie was litter boxed trained). I’d pack my large utility cart for the day of a clean set of clothes, shower bag, and school books/computer. Then leave the storage unit about an hour later to catch the morning bus to college, on the way I’d stop-off at the health club to shower, then get back on the bus to college. I ate peanut butter crackers during the day, sometimes a peanut butter sandwich. After a long day at college, I’d go back to the storage unit, to eat from my ice-cooler, let Alfie run around, spent much more time with her, and unloaded my utility cart from the daytime stuff and loaded it with my nighttime-gear of sleeping bag, etc. When summer came, it was too hot to keep Alfie in the storage unit during the day, so I dedicated the bottom of my utility cart to en-cage her taking her to college with me! On weekends, day off from college, I took Alfie to the park. I loved Alfie, she gave me great comfort during the rough times, the only real friend I had at that time, that I did not want to give her up to a more “suitable” home. She loved me and was happy to have me. It broke my heart to have not been able to give her a better home; but she was happy under the undesirable circumstances.
God taught me three valuable lessons during this time:
1) things do not make me who I am and that I am not my things!
2) if you can’t be happy with no-thing then you truly won’t be happy with things because true joy comes from the Lord.
3) I am not people’s opinion of me.
During this time, people (so-called Christians) thought I was absolutely crazy and on the wrong path! When I visited the church in Sandy, UT where I got started with the sinner/salvation prayer and water baptized, the people that knew me there could not believe how HAPPY I was. They said that I was more happier than people with their homes (all their stuff). The church leaders strongly encourage me to get a JOB, and were praying that I got a job, but I KNEW the path I was on [via The MiracleRV] — was not their worldly path. I told them to stop praying for me via getting a job because it was not God’s will for my life!
I had to go through a lot of embarrassment, looking foolish to the world, with undergoing much criticism (mostly by so-called Christians). Half-bred “carnal” Christians of the “worldly church system” who don’t have the Light Of Christ, buck-heads with those who do have The Light, although we are of the same spirit we are in different paradigms of the spirit (them in the gray-zone of duality/partiality and me in the white-zone of wholeness); they lack understanding and view it “alien” but little do they know – they are the true aliens!
“Remember those earlier days after you had Received The Light, when you stood your ground in great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated [. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.” -Hebrews 10:31-35
“You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from GRACE.” -Galatians 5:4
God took everything away from me because…
1) After God had brought me into “Complete Unity” with Him, He told me that NOW my things come from Him. Then within a year from that, when the time was right, is when God took my things away from me. So where was my things coming from before???!! -Scripture tells us in Ephesians 2:1-5 “As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.” Things (money, success, fame, equipped for works of service, etc.) can come from the dark or light side of the line, below or above the veil. There is a dark and light side to everything!!!!
2) to Soar Higher with God-Jesus “above the veil”.
It was at the end of a year of sleeping in the woods, while going to college for graphic arts at the same time, that I actually had to go and stay at a homeless shelter for an entire month because I needed an address to update my drivers license. It was awful there at the homeless shelter, people were very carnal and negative, coughing and hacking (sickly), that I did not get much sleep at all. So I was very extremely tired; I was much better off sleeping in the woods. So it was at this point when I met my first student. I got a invitation to a free seminar in Arizona. For some reason, I really wanted to go to this seminar. But I only had $100 to my name that was my food money for the next two weeks until I got paid again. (I went from making $1000 a week as a truck driver, to $500 a month on product sales to follow God-Jesus!) The desire to go to this seminar was strong, so I went and bought a ‘one-way’ Greyhound Bus Ticket with my food money, I’d just have to figure out how I was going to eat when I got back to Salt Lake City, UT. I thought that perhaps I could get a ride home from someone at the seminar or I’d have to hitchhike home. [This continues into another testimony of when I was going through this stage of homelessness, that God put someone in my life (my first student) to help up – that in turn – helped me up physically.]
3) When God told me that I was getting an RV for free (one of my heart’s desires) and that I was to use it to lead people to Him, I went looking at RV’s to pick one out of MY liking…’Itasca Sunova’ that costed approximately $90,000. But then later on in my journey with God, He showed me the RV He wanted me to have…a big million-dollar RV!!!! So, I had to sacrifice to what I wanted for myself to agreeing with what God wanted to give me which was an RV to serve Him with, according to His Divine Master Plan for my life and humanity as a whole. While many people would hardly argue that getting something much better (BIGGER, GRANDEUR) is a sacrifice, it is … it is a “compromise” to what God wants over to what I want and wanted to do with the RV and my life self-centered … the RV God wants to give me has “strings” attached to it for the sole purpose and intention of God’s Will to be done that comes with “responsibilities” (a divine job to do) hence is God-centered,,, not that I am complaining, we are to lay down our lives for God’s Will to be done! I am still basically getting what I wanted in life BUT with a Splash of God!
You can find a long list of sacrifices in this article “The Teachings Of Jesus” of what it takes to be a Follower of Jesus Christ and to inherit the Kingdom of God-Heaven.
Temptations, Tests, & Trials
4) One of the test a person/Christian must pass-in is GENUINE LOVE. Love must be sincere (Romans 12:9). Many people how they are doing their service-work, in servicing the needs of others, is NOT IN SINCERE LOVE; but in a hypocrite type of love. Example; as in life coach teachers: Many are selling their knowledge for money, knowledge that is helping people be better off, HOWEVER, HOW they are earning their income of raising other people up is not coming from a genuine act of love! Many of them have learned certain “human nature principles” that they use against their naive audience via Rhetoric; they use a rhetoric style of professional-trained-speaking to win people over to get their money! -this is no different from using trick-marketing or hype-marketing to get people to buy their product or service. In other words, they are servicing the needs of humanity “more so” for the sake of money i.e. the love of money OVER the love of people-pets-planet … its more of a power-money-numbers game to them of how big they can get. They are servicing the needs of humanity half-heartedly not in wholeness.
Rhetoric = the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, esp. the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques; language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content. bombast, turgidity, grandiloquence, magniloquence, pomposity, extravagant language, purple prose; wordiness, verbosity, prolixity; informal hot air; rare fustian.
It is not to just love someone (a stranger) from a distance but from UP CLOSE! Yes, we want to send money off in a distance to feed the hungry in other countries (an act of distant love) AND from actually helping someone “personally-intimately” (a stranger) one-on-one with all you got! [My Example of This]
Both forms of genuine love “distant and personally-intimately” is a requirement of God. Sure it is easy to love someone you already know that is close to you like friends or family, but to love a total stranger (personally-intimately) CLOSE UP is quite a different story!
“Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.” -Romans 12:16
Many of you may give money to a homeless person, but have you ever taken one out to a “nice” restaurant and eat with them?! -invite them over to your house for dinner? Ever really communicated or interacted with them on a more intimate level? Are you embarrassed to be seen with a homeless person? -what will people think of me? -hmmm. Do you know that most homeless people, people in poverty/lack-of are suffering from devastating effects of the Vagabond Spirit? Learn what it is and how you can help these people; homeless shelters is only a bandaid-effect of not really solving the problem but just covering it up with only instant gratification.
5) When Jesus was in the wilderness for 40 days and 40 nights, He was tempted by Satan … Satan said to Jesus; “If you are the Son of God, he said, throw yourself down. For it is written: “He [God] will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.” Jesus answered him, “It is ALSO written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test (Matthew 4:6-7)”.
During the time I was homeless sleeping in the woods (no steak and eggs to eat), I too was tempted like Jesus in the wilderness. God had just got done telling me “do not sell your knowledge of God for money, do not put it in a book and sell it for money”. Right afterwards, another voice entered my mind, the voice of Satan, who said “sell your knowledge of God for money, all the other ones are doing it that way, look at all the fame and fortune you could have if you’d only sell your knowledge of God!” Satan showed me by vision all the “wealth” that could be mine. And I thought things over for a bit, reasoning; then I gave Satan my reply “I am going to stick by God’s side (God’s side of the line) because I know what God has in store for me ‘long-run’ could never match to what he could ever give me”. I declined Satan’s offer with better Higher Good expectations in mind.
Not many have passed that test! Many took the short-changed/short-cut way of “instant gratification” to kingdom prosperity.
“Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” -James 1:12
“On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.” -1 Thessalonians 2:4
“Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.” -Luke 8:13
“Greet Apelles, whose fidelity to Christ has stood the test.” -Romans 16:10
“If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.” -1 Corinthians 3:12-14
“Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.” -2 Corinthians 2:9
“And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.” -2 Corinthians 13:6
“Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong—not so that people will see that we have stood the test but so that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed.” -2 Corinthians 13:7
“I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.” -Revelation 2:2-3
“For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves. You are those who have stood by me in my trials. And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” -Luke 22:27-30
“Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.” -2 Thessalonians 1:4
“If he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.” -2 Peter 2:6-10
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.” -Revelation 3:10
“Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as His children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” -Hebrews 12:7-11